I love looking at anything baby, especially nurseries. We won't be having one as sesame and lufflump will share the same room. Ours more than theirs most likely. We are using a hammock for sesame which will stay in our room until she outgrows it. She'll then (hopefully) sleep in the cot which will be painted from blue to pink.
Just a side note - I love the colour pink. I'm a girly girl so I'm going to most likely raise a girly girl if I can. I was, and still am, into Barbies. Lufflump is a rough boy, but that's just him regardless of how we've raised him (I like cars but never really had an interest in dinosaurs like he does). Lufflump also has pink, purple and other clothes that could be lumped as girl's clothes. He also likes dolls, granted his last Barbie type doll was stripped of her clothes before we got home and was thrown away as her legs no longer came in together but still he has dolls. If sesame doesn't like pink then that's fine, I'll wear it :)
Anyway, here are my favourite nursery pins I've found on Pinterest
1. The orange and white with pink accents is just wow. If someone had described this to me I wouldn't be convinced it looked good but wow it does! I love the wall decals, so pretty! Also, I wish the orange walls in our house was this deeper colour than the yellow type orange they are.
2. More bright walls and gorgeous wall decals. I love this pink. Not to mention the white cot, vase, chair, mosquito net and sheer curtains. Not too sure about that carpet though, it looks like it would get stained easily and show every little bit of dirt. I love having tiles, no need to worry about any of that!
3. I love how different this room is. The black isn't daunting or somber but rather it makes the colours just pop. Not too sure the wall flowers would withstand a baby or toddler though but they can be moved. How awesome are the framed prints! Everything in this room just screams awesome!
4. Such a girly room. I love the patchwork and the light wallpaper. Also my dream cot is the sleigh cots - there's something about them that makes me smile. I'd love this room even if it was inside a closet, cosy and adorable. I wish we had closets at our house.
5. As much as I love the black nursery, this one is my all time favourite. It's perfect! I'm a lover of Montessori nurseries and this one has everything. The hardwood floors would be easy to clean, the rug is adorable and hardy, the floor bed, low mirror and the colours. Wow just wow!
I LOVE the pink room. So pretty. Makes me want to have a baby now hahaha! I love looking at nurseries. Must be my maternal instincts calling, my mother in law will be so pleased :PReplyDelete
Oh yay! Go forth and make babies :)Delete
I love the 3rd and 5th but then, I'm not a girly girl. Lil S is still sleeping with us since she wakes through the night and I don't want her to wake Miss T but I am looking forward to them sharing their own room, for a few reasons! I'll then do it up maybe with their input too. That'll either be a lot of fun or a disaster!ReplyDelete
They're my favourite too!Delete
At least you only have one in the bed :) I have a feeling we'll have two. Lufflump still wakes in the middle of the night for a bottle but I've found I can deep sleep with him in the bed now. That'll change when sesame arrives (I hope).
Kids often change their mind but my walls at dad's still look the same from when I was a baby so it could be a huge success for you :)
Love them all but that last one made my heart beat faster - we are searching for rugs for our hardwood floors and I never see anything like the last one but that is what I want now!ReplyDelete
It's amazing hey! Looks so sturdy. I wouldn't know where to get one, maybe http://www.loot.com.au/ might have them, I've seen similar rugs there. Good luck!Delete
I love the orange pink wall, the black wall & I LOVE the rug in the black wall nursery! Very beautiful. Our 2 boys share a very small bedroom so we make other play areas around the house for them. It would be awesome to have a little reading tent in thier room but there just isn't the space..ReplyDelete
Damn not having enough space. We are just about over it and it's still three of us!Delete
If only is was as easy as just rearranging everything or wiggling our noses to create space.
OH wow Ames! They are all amazing, can't pick a favourite, but I do like the prints on the second ones wall.ReplyDelete
I like that too especially offset by the pink. So magical :)Delete
I'm a huge fan of pink, though I love blush pinks. I adore the white sleigh cot. Those are my favourites.ReplyDelete
Were I to have a girl (by some freak of nature as there are no more children possible, but for the sake of nurseries) I think I'd be predominately white with yellows or pink.
That bottom one is intriguing.
I love the light pinks too. I'm so scared to go white or anything too light as it'll show the dirt (or poo) up more. If only babies and kids weren't messy ;)Delete