It's even worse if it's my child's bedroom because then we all get woken up. I don't have much dignity left after having children so I'm not afraid to go outside in my dressing gown to yell at you.
2. Say hello in passing.
I say hello, you say hello. Easier said than done so it seems. Looking at the ground does not make me disappear either, it just makes me more pissed at you.
3. Don't ask us to keep our child indoors before 8am as you work night shift. Especially if you don't work night shift.
If you're the same shit neighbour from number one and two I'm going to make sure my kid is outdoors making a shitload of noise from 6am.
4. Offer a nice gesture without insult.
Saying we can use your side of the garage to park our car is lovely. Saying it'd be easier because ours is full of shit/junk/rubbish is not so lovely especially when it's neatly packed with boxes, furniture and toys not shit/junk/rubbish.
5. Don't put signs up about each resident using their own bins not others then leave a heap of cardboard boxes in the bin area. Especially in the rain.
Did I mention WE had to clean up the sloppy cardboard mess as well? Your sign fails miserably if you're a shit neighbour. If you're not a shit neighbour we'd all be a lot nicer and more helpful.
6. If you live above your neighbour's courtyard try not to throw rubbish/dirt/ash/water/alcohol over your fence. Especially if you can see their clothes hanging out.
I hate washing. I hate washing clothes I've already washed even more. If you've made me double up on washing prepare for some insults to be thrown your way. In hindsight I should have given it to you to wash again seeing as you made it dirty.
7. Don't have parties EVERY weekend if you live in a complex. Parties during the week are just as bad if not worse.
I understand I live in a young uni student area but every weekend? I'm going to call the police if you turn up the music after I've come over with a toddler and a newborn to ask you to turn it down. This could also be filed under the 'You know you're old when...' list.
8. If you move out please take your animals with you. As much as I love your cat, I don't want to be responsible for it.
If you are going to leave your cat behind please tell me so I know it's being looked after. Every time it rains I wonder where that poor cat is hiding out. I'd much prefer if it was hiding out with me. Oh and cats love smoked salmon right?
9. Don't get the water to the whole complex turned off without telling the other residents.
Children need water especially a newborn on formula. I need water in my coffee. Putting a bucket of water down the toilet is NOT the same as flushing. Preparation and knowledge are fantastic tools.
10. If you're cleaning your car/bike/boat/quad please don't take over the whole driveway so nobody can get into their garages.
We have bits of grass that are wide enough to clean a car/bike/boat/quad, I don't understand why they don't get used. Not only does it mean we can get into the garage, the grass also becomes greener. Win for all!