This week's Pinterest challenge I'm getting into the Summer spirit. These are some of my summer pins.
1. Storms over Brisbane. I love storms so much that A-M and I have a twitter hashtag #stormgirls whenever one decides to venture our way. We haven't had as many this summer, which is both fortunate and unfortunate. It means no floods but also we are in a bit of a drought. Plus falling asleep to rain and storms is one of my favourite things.
2. Cold drinks. Don't these drinks just look delicious. I love the effectiveness of the cut lemon, straws and paper lemons. Adorable and so summer!
3. Ice cream at the beach. This takes me back to my childhood days at Bribie Island, having delicious ice creams from the little ice cream shop at the wave beach. So delicious and so summer. I don't think Bribie had sea lice then either.
4. A pool on the beach. Why oh why doesn't the Sunshine or Gold Coast have these (if they do please correct me)? It's one of my favourite things to see in Sydney and I know it reminds my mum of her childhood.
5. Sprinklers. This is the first I'm seeing of one made out of a 2L bottle though. Pure genius! Every summer when I was a kid would involve jumping through sprinklers. Usually naked or in underwear, or at least that's how I remember it. Maybe I did own togs?
Love all of these. There used to be a pool somewhere, but from what I remember they closed it down?ReplyDelete
The ocean pool reminds me of my summers, going down to gerroa, gerringong & surrounds. I love it and wish there was something like that up here!!ReplyDelete
The sprinkler is pure genius!!! Love itReplyDelete
I have the exact same memories of summer - particularly running through the sprinklers!ReplyDelete
Yes you owned new cossies every year! You just chose to not wear them. The innocence of children .....ReplyDelete
Nothing I like better than falling asleep, listening to rain. And I have to agree with Nat X, the ones at Gerroa and Gerrigong are beautiful. There's quite a few like that around the south coast. One of the things I love about living down here :)ReplyDelete
That ocean pool looks dreamy and love the sprinkler. Might have to try that one out ;)ReplyDelete
Oh, summer was actually my initial theme for my Pinterest post today, but I was distracted by beach/coastal style instead! I also miss the ocean pools from Sydney. There used to be one (slightly different, but the idea was there!) on one of the Ballina beaches. Shelley Beach, I think? I am going to try that bottle sprinkler, great idea! And thanks for visiting my blog. xxReplyDelete
oooh I love summer. Your post inspired me to get off the computer and get outside :)ReplyDelete
This is Piquing my Pinterest
That sprinkler is awesome!ReplyDelete
Love the ice-cream by the beach .. nothing better!! The storm pic is also spectacular.. Im not a lover of storms but I must admit you can get awesome pics when one is in the making!ReplyDelete
I'm going to have to try that sprinkler idea. I loved running around like crazy in the back yard as a kid.ReplyDelete
ames there is a pool at the beach on kings beach- sunny coast, caloundra. also water sprinklers for the kids, and its FREE xxx- hanReplyDelete