It's well known that a healthy diet can help keep your mental health healthy. On the other hand, a poor diet can impact on your mental health and lead to lower moods.
Sometimes when in low moods it's easy to forget to look after yourself and treat yourself well especially with foods. It's too easy to be lazy and have junk food. The key is to try to make healthy foods easier to access than junk foods.
Some great resources and articles on healthy eating and mental health are;
- Diet and Mental Health from the UK Mental Health Foundation
- Food and Your Moods from HealthyPlace
- Changing Diets, Changing Minds: How Food Affects Mental Well Being and Behaviour
- Good Mood Food from The Mind Sanctuary
- Food and Behaviour Research - Excellent information!
- Nutrition for... from Food for the Brain
- Food and Your Mood: Nutrition and Mental Health from NCPAD
- Stress and Food from Healthy Food Guide
- Daily Dose of Dairy Boosts Mental Performance from Nutrition Australia
- One in Two Parents Under Pressure to Pack a Healthy Lunch from Nutrition Australia